Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thing 20

As you can see, I was able to get a YouTube video into my blog. I'm not exactly sure how and it took much longer than I thought---I gave up and went to bed and there it was the next morning! Just like Christmas. Why would I pick something like this? Well I guess it's just my warped sense of humor. I'll probably find out from our younger staff members that this has a library cult following (if not it should.) Anyway, it just shows that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously. As far as uses for YouTube in the library, one right off the top of my head would be to film some of our children activities so that the children that are unable to attend could watch it at home. Then there's always fundraising efforts, book discussions, updates are our future remodeling project, a Welcome to the Library-type of presentation, etc. Then there are also the reference material for student projects as the teachers are always asking for a visual in the projects.

No comments: