Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week 4 RSS and Newreaders Things 8 & 9

Well, Grammy has been globetrotting again, hence the gap in posts. It will be major catch-up time in the next few days, but I can do it!

Playing around in the world of RSS and newsreaders, my first question was, "Do these people have a life??" Then I started finding bits and pieces that actually had some potential, not just people trying to prove how so very clever they are. I found several library feeds that look promising, as well as a couple of travel feeds and one cat feed that came in the back door. I'm hoping that I did manage to follow the directions carefully enough that you can access the library feeds at http://www.bloglines.com/public/globetrotting-grammy . The tool I preferred over all the others was "syndic8." I kept having the others tell me something wasn't available. On "syndic8" you could check the status of the feed before you bothered trying to add it.

No comments: