Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thing 22

I'm writing this as I am listening to a downloaded book from NetLibrary. I'm never really sure how I fumble my way through these tasks, but I get there. Either I'm not reading the directions as carefully as I should, or they're not as idiot-proof as they could be. It's like getting the secret family recipe from that relative that leaves out a key ingredient. The idea behind NetLibrary and the others are great. I'm a bit confused about one thing. If I've "checked out" an eBook, does that mean it's not available to anyone else until my time expires? There were not as many titles available as I would have liked, but some of the series books I've been reading are, so I'm happy. It goes without saying how beneficial this is to our patrons. Our patrons that listen to talking books will find this easier to manage once they get used to it. I know I'll be talking it up.

No comments: