Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thing 23

Yeah! It really did seem like a neverending story about midway, but here we are. It's still a bit overwhelming to me in that I had to play catch-up from the beginning and then I had to go and do some more globetrotting. Fortunately, I'm a part-timer so I had some time to really play with this.
The only components that I had any experience with at the beginning was watching YouTube videos, wikis, and attempting to download books from NetLibrary. I didn't even own an mp3 player. Now I'm a log-in carrying member of all this information I didn't even know existed. The Things I see myself using most often will be wikis, Library Thing, Flickr, Del.icio.us, NetLibrary, and YouTube.
As I mentioned in Thing 22, some of the activity directions were still not basic enough for us novices. At one point in my career, I was actually instructing others how to use technology--five years later, I'm a toddler again. Which proves the point that we need this sort of activity at 2-year intervals at least.
I will never have enough time to keep up with all of the RSS feeds I signed up for, so after y'all are finished reviewing this, the unsubscribe button will get a work-out. I will keep a few, don't worry, but not the +10 that I'm getting now. It's like finding 300 e-mails in your account everyday.
That's all for now. Thanks for the opportunity.

No comments: